Sweet Bytes is three years old today! In some ways we’ve come so far and in others I feel like we haven’t changed a bit.
- We still stand by “tastes like happy” and not feeding you anything we wouldn’t want our own children to eat.
- We are still a home bakery, although I am always thinking about the next step. So far, home has remained where our heart is.
- I’m continually honored by how many customers continue to recommend us to their friends and loved ones. We are now at #2962 in the “pie ledger.” (And here I was just hoping to make 100 some day!)
- Almost all of our business is word of mouth and there is almost always a longer wait time than the 72 hours, which is both good and bad.
- October 2016 was our biggest sales month ever! That’s pretty exciting to see that we have continued to grow despite having to make changes and correct on course.
- Doing weddings and events is now a common thing that we used to only hope to do “some day.”
- People from all over the country order dessert from Sweet Bytes for their OKC family and friends. It’s really cool to get to be here for people in that way. The internet is AMAZING!
- My first customer STILL orders from me. That is really special to me. I’ve shared holidays, weddings, birthdays, funerals, and births with people who are dear to me through this small business.
- I am SO much better at doing what I do than 3 years ago. I laugh at myself all of the time remembering how hard every thing seemed. Practice does make better!
Anyway, writing all those great things about this business we’ve created was not something that came natural to me. It does fill my heart with joy to read it though! I am always trying to figure out how to improve and I will continue to do so. My next act features custom cakes and more personalized desserts for special occasions. Thank you for coming along for the ride!